Sunday, November 14, 2010

Indian Ocean Faces


Old Tamil Lady, Ella, Sri Lanka.

Bhodisatva, South West Sri Lanka.

Village Elders, Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia.
Rickshaw taxi rider, Java, Indonesia.
My old boss Rod on a vineyard in the Margaret River area, South Western Australia.
My friends Dr. and Hotchy at Big Day Out music festival, Perth, Western Australia.
Little girl with an ice-pop, Tokyo-Sexwale township, Jeffreys Bay, South Africa.
Xosa family, Tokyo-Sexwale township, Jeffreys Bay, South Africa.
Young Bedu men, Al-Ashkara area, Oman.
Outside the coffee shop, Al-Ashkara, Oman.
Here's a grip full of portraits, old and new, from just a few of the places around the edges of the Indian Ocean.
Each of the Worlds Oceans are so great that there is a massive amount of diversity to be found around the edges, diversity of climates, cultures, religions, ethnicity, wealth and environment to name a few. Whilst I've splashed around in and traversed each of these Oceans, the Indian Ocean is that which I have probably spent the most time circumnavigating and exploring, and there're still a ton of places around the edge and islands in the middle that I'm desperate to check out, and a few that I still can't (Somalia, Yemen and Burma). There's still time yet though.
My thanks goes out to the people above for allowing me to take their picture, I fully squirm in front of the camera which is why I hide behind it so I appreciate it when people let me do this to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment